Careers at GO Box
Help us change how people value packaging.
GO Box designs, builds and operates circular, zero waste reuse systems that eliminate the harmful environmental, social and economic impacts of single-use products. We are currently focusing on addressing single-use waste resulting from to-go food and drink by providing professionally clean and sanitized reusable containers and cups as a service to food service establishments and takeout customers. GO Box has already eliminated over 750,00 single-use products and we’re just getting started! We are a exciting start-up looking to rapidly scale our service this year.
We are currently hiring for the below positions. GO Box is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage candidates of color and other underrepresented groups to apply. We value and encourage a culture of diversity and celebrate our employees’ multiple identities, including age, color, race and ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, physical ability, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and veteran status.
GO Box is a full-service reuse platform that eliminates single-use trash. We’ve already eliminated nearly 1 million plastic packaging from the landfill. Our mission is to make the circular economy a reality for any business that wants to reduce its packaging waste.
We’re embarking on the next phase of our story – expanding our footprint across the Portland region, and to new markets across the US. We’re looking for a summer marketing intern with the ambition and passion to make a difference and reduce plastic waste.
This internship will drive new consumers for our subscription product, and new vendors to carry GO Box reusable products. Our internship program will give you a broad range of exposure across PR, Social Media, Content Strategy, Sales Development, Partner Management, Lead Generation, and Customer Success. You’ll learn a lot and have fun, all while saving the planet!
When: May 15, 2022 through September 2, 2022 (flexible)
What You Will Do:
– Outreach to restaurants to drive new vendors.
– Manage onboarding of new vendors.
– Manage content across all of our social media and email platforms.
– Create in-store and event activations to drive more consumer sign ups.
– Manage monthly newsletters to all customer segments.
– Manage customer support across social and email.
– Develop and share marketing and sales campaign reports.
– 1-2 years experience (may be across university, internships, or full-time jobs) in marketing;
Recent undergraduate (Bachelors) degree strongly preferred. Candidates in their final year of undergraduate may be considered.
– Understanding of integrated marketing campaign management and a wide range of marketing channels – lifecycle, social, digital, experiential, mass media, print, guerrilla, etc.
– Understanding of how to design, test, and assess marketing efforts that target each stage of the customer lifecycle
– Creative – like to play in Canva to create digital assets for digital and print.
– Excellent writing skills; you can adapt to write both business and creative documents
Mission-driven: You’re excited to build a brand at a mission-driven company!
Proactive: You are a proactive problem-solver who gets it done before deadline and under budget.
Optimistic: The future is ours to create. An optimistic, collaborative approach underlies our work internally and externally.
Mindful: reuse and sustainability is about conservation, acting consciously especially with consumption of materials.
This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week at $20 an hour.
This role will be performed at a mix of locations including remote and our Portland HQ and will require travel to customer locations for sales and content development. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
How to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org