Now Hiring – Marketing Manager
GO Box designs, builds and operates circular, zero waste reuse systems that eliminate the harmful environmental, social and economic impacts of single-use packaging. We are currently focusing on addressing single-use waste resulting from to-go food and drink by providing reusable containers and cups as a service to food service establishments and takeout customers. GO Box has already eliminated over 200,00 single-use products and we’re just getting started! We are a bootstrapped and profitable start-up, looking to rapidly scale our service this year.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Manager to collaboratively create, implement and evaluate communications strategies that drive awareness and utilization of GO Box. In this role, you will develop and share compelling content and outreach campaigns that communicates our brand story, educates our audiences, adds value to our community, and ultimately drives adoption of our services.
- Develop and implement quarterly marketing plans and content calendars
- Create impactful written and visual content for our website and blog, social media accounts, monthly newsletters, vendor outreach material, training manuals, videos and press releases.
- Manage GO Box social media accounts, growing our audience and engagements.
- Oversee marketing campaigns and projects from start to finish, monitor budgets and ensure deliverables are achieved according to schedule.
- Collect and analyze data and feedback on the effectiveness of communications strategies. Revise and refine strategies as needed.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to secure guest blogs, media coverage and op-eds. Serve as GO Box spokesperson as needed.
- Coordinate with external vendors (photographers, videographers, etc.) as needed.
Required Qualities & Skills:
- Four years’ or equivalent relevant experience in communications, content development, digital marketing, or similar.
- Demonstrated success developing engaging written and visual content for a wide range of audiences.
- Strong tech skills, including Google suite, MS Office suite, Zoom, Mailchimp, website and social media management, etc.
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working independently and as a team.
- Optimistic and enthusiastic about reuse, waste reduction, the circular economy and the local food community.
Desired Qualities & Skills:
- Photography, graphic design and/or video production skills.
- Experience in media and public relations.
- Experience working in sustainability and/or food service.
- Experience working at a startup.
This position will start as part-time with 20-30 hours weekly, primarily working remotely and with considerable schedule flexibility. There is a strong likelihood of this position growing into full time within the year and our ideal candidate will grow and advance with us! Candidate will mostly work remote but we are looking for someone based in the Portland, Oregon area who could be available for occasional (socially distanced) in-person meetings and is familiar with the local food scene. Compensation and benefits depending on experience.
For priority consideration, please submit the following by January 29th to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- A cover letter addressing how your experience relates to the position
- Up to three attachments or links to communications-related work you’ve done that highlight your abilities, skills and connection to sustainability. Please list “Marketing Manager” in the subject line of your email.
GO Box is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage candidates of color and other underrepresented groups to apply. We value and encourage a culture of diversity and celebrate our employees’ multiple identities, including age, color, race and ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, physical ability, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and veteran status.